Friday, December 4, 2015

What teachers really want for Christmas

Grain-Free Granola I made for a friend this week.
Delish with Greek yoghurt or overnight oats.

I don't know about you but Christmas is coming up pretty fast and so is the end of the school year. So with no further ado, here is a list of ideas I compiled after having asked some of my Teacher friends what they like getting from their students!

At the end of the day - it's all about the heart.

"Cake. That is all. But more refined teachers than me like things like hand creams, fancy pens, lovely notebooks. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but if a gun was at my head - cake." K.

"I love getting home-made gifts, cards and letters. It's lovely when the child/student makes something from the heart." A.

"Something personal from the child. A note or a card. Nice pen, notebook. Nice coffee for my plunger. Home made is always good (I've had candles and tree decorations). A tree decoration is nice too - I remember individuals each year as I hang them." R.

"Christmas decorations. After putting up our tree last night, there are 6 from children I've taught." S.

"Christmas tree decorations or bought chocolates. That way I didn't have to eat everything straight away. I could save some for later." A.

Below is a list of ideas and links for you to find ideas. They are ALL EASY!! I don't have time to make complicated things, so these are all things that I would not only be totally happy to give away, but especially that aren't complicated to do with the kids.

Annabel Langbein's Panforte, simply yet beautifully packaged
(photo from her website)

*Home Made*

You can make pretty simple or inexpensive recipes look a million dollars if you package your gift nicely. Cello bags, nice ribbons, cute tags, etc.

3 Ingredient Christmas Cake

Speedy Mayo

Perfect Panforte

Walnut Pastilla

Ginger cookies

- Home made granola. The advantage of this one is that it's a healthy breakfast option, that can keep. The teacher won't feel under pressure to eat it quickly.

- Home made jam


- Bath bombs


*Chocolate*

- Chocolate truffles


- A nice bought bar of chocolate

- A box of chocolates


*Christmas Ornaments*


- I love these cute button tree ornaments and will try to get some done this year.

- these easy Cinammon ornaments look amazing on the tree

- a sparkly shell ornament, if like me you live by the sea

- a glittery pinecone ornament


*Cards and Notes*

I think all teachers love a note from either the parents or the child, or both. You can show your appreciation for all their hard work and be personal about something specific you or your child enjoyed.

You could say something like,

"I very much appreciate how you looked after ___ this year. I particularly love how you _______________. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into caring and instructing the children in your care. Have a lovely Christmas and enjoy the holidays."

This would be an easy card to make with your child.
Idea found here.

*Bought Items*

- Good quality extra virgin olive oil

- Nice coffee or tea

- Beautiful pen

- Cute notepad

- Lovely candle. You can buy some lovely hand made ones at a craft market.

- Christmas tree decoration. They have gorgeous ones at the Trade Aid Shop, or buy from a local artist.

- A voucher


I hope these ideas help you! And do leave me a note if you have any other ideas or useful links we could all benefit from. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a great post, Ann! Thanks for the sourcing and resourcing!
    Thalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thalia. I enjoyed doing the research. I want to try everything! But I won't, of course...

      Delete
  2. Lovely! And thanks for the reminder! Looks like a weekend activity for us :)

    ReplyDelete